For the past 5-ish weeks we've been quieter on our social accounts because we've been busy transitioning from a family of four to our new family of five! Miss Violet Orra was born and we've been trying to balance and spread the love between all the kids so no one feels left out or any less loved. While adding a third child has been such a huge blessing, that we are so thankful to have, it has also shown us new challenges...
- We are now completely outnumbered and officially don't have enough laps arms or legs to wrangle all the children at any given time.
- Bedtime is a dance between three bedrooms, again all at the same time, while we attempt to get at least one child to sleep so we can play man-to-man defense again.
- Grocery shopping, or really any normal mundane task or errand we were previously able to attempt in the public eye. *Side note - the stroller we invested in with two children (Baby Jogger's City Select Lux) is completely worth every penny because we are now able to move three children on this beast of a stroller when we actually attempt to go out in public.
- Feeding a bottle to a newborn while your second child has just recently quit bottles entirely - he now wants every bottle we feed Violet.
- Making sure the older two don't accidentally throw a ball or some toy or feeding utensil directly at their newborn sister has been an eventful new game for Mom and Dad.
These are just a few of the daily challenges we encounter. But the love that we have for these children is unreal. I'm doing my best to soak in every second with Violet and remember every coo she makes and lock her newborn smell to memory. And I want to make sure Scarlett & Bo are being loved just as fiercely and feel that love during this season of change.
Thank you for your patience as we adjust and I'm sure you'll be seeing much more of our growing family.